When the Octonius team created the platform, we did not hold back and attempted to spend a month without using email. No, not even a single email. The first week was challenging. However, towards the end of the month, we discovered that just one-tenth of conversations should be sent by email. The remaining 90% of the material may be placed in network groups, and this correspondence has been shown to be more successful there.
Octonius is workplace and management platform with its own social network/intranet. It looks to be a typical Facebook-like networking organization that attracted professional colleagues who collaborated to assemble and manage an up-to-date collection of documents, relationships, and so on. This has proven to be the most effective approach to generating new ideas in the company.
Corporate social networks enhance engagement among all employees, allowing them to get to know one another better and build a professional community of like-minded people. Networks are highly useful for large organizations with so many employees that it is difficult to recognize everyone by sight, even if they all work in the same building. They are especially significant for businesses with several operations in different time zones and even countries. In this case, social networks not only simplify but also reduce communication costs: it is one thing to talk on the phone for ten minutes with a colleague in Berlin, and quite another to learn what you need to know by sending him a personal message on the social network.
And, of course, social networks are essential for businesses where the majority of staff work remotely or freelance rather than in the office.
Both in Yammer and Octonius, you may establish channels with helpful information and form a knowledge base, exchange messages, transfer nearly any file, rapidly discover the correct individuals inside the organization and contact them directly, share news, and make polls.
Octonius and Yammer are both tools for improving intra-company communication. And it has both advantages and disadvantages.
- The software is included by default in the Office 365 bundle;
- Mobile and desktop support;
- Basic group communication, including document sharing and the option to pin docs to a team;
- It provides company-wide connection on one platform.
- Companies who do not have Office 365 will be unable to utilize Yammer because it is no longer available as a standalone service;
- Yammer cannot be hosted on a corporate server; only cloud hosting of data on foreign servers is accessible;
- While integrated, it isn’t intuitively accessible from multiple points in the ecosystem;
- It competes with tools present in other Office 365 products, other products achieve Yammer’s outcomes in better ways;
- No customisation is possible.
- Provides all-in-one discussion boards, task management, document management, brainstorming and content management;
- Functions as both an internal company social network and a project management tool;
- Cross-clouds connection in one place (i.e Box. Dropbox, Google Disk);
- Military-grade encryption ensures the highest level of IT security;
- It is possible to deploy it on your cloud, private cloud, or on-premise;
- Custom extra features based on the requirements of the enterprise workflow;
- Intuitive Interface.
Mobile version is in progress.