Wether you are building a brand from scratch or working hard to meet business objectives of established business, today is vastly different from even 10 years ago. Because software is growing more complicated and end-user needs have increased dramatically, digital solutions must fulfil many more needs.
Approaches to the project tracking process have evolved as well. To begin with, work management software has gained significant importance.
What is Octonius?
Cosmin Ciobanu (seasoned entrepreneur, interface designer, and a tech guy) launched Octonius in 2013 with headquarters in Spain. In general, this digital workplace and project management software is used to assist cross-functional teams in their collaboration and workflow. Such tools can be utilised by both IT and non-IT businesses. Octonius, by the way, is well-liked by both companies.
Octonius’ tool is task-oriented. When you establish a new project, you can assign a task to an individual or several of the team members. Add custom fields to subtasks for more details, descriptions, comments, tags, start the approval process, or adjust the time-line – all useful features allow accurately keep the track of the work.
The Octonius platform also tackles the problem of cloud fragmentation for businesses.
It is an excellent option for cross-cloud file sharing. Simply explained, Octonius allows one team to collaborate from Dropbox with another team that uses Google Drive.
Benefits of Octonius.
- A powerful tool of collaboration capabilities, including a digital workspace and work management , that allow your team to communicate in one platform without changing programs;
- Various digital workspace forms to assist manage work progress and display workload between the team: kanban dashboards, timelines, KPI visualisation, personal and team files and notes, notification board;
- Workflow customisation is available to meet the demands of your company. If you want a more tailored approach, the Octonius team will assist you in configuring the platform and automation in accordance with your company workflow. You may also begin using it as soon as it is deployed, organising your work with the platform’s intuitive interface;
- The functional integration with multiple applications assists in the streamlining of the workflows.
Disadvantages of Octonius.
Octonius may not be the best answer for deep-tech development companies since it is not integrated with other software engineering tools.
What is Jira?
Atlassian’s Jira solution first came on the market in 2002, long before Octonius. Jira began as a bug and problem tracking application. It has evolved into a tool used by software developers to manage their projects. Jira is precisely what you are looking for whether you’re a software engineer, IT project manager, or app developer seeking for the way to make your life easier.
Jira requires some learning time in order to get started. To set it up for regular use, you should be a tech whiz. Teams with no prior experience with project management software sometimes start with Atlassian’s Trello. When Trello’s capability is no longer sufficient, additional solutions or Jira might be added. This is not a versatile tool that will work for all departments in the company.
Benefits of Jira?
- Jira was introduced to the world as a bug and issue tracker. And this is its most significant advantage: it assists you in limiting damage by spotting fault quickly. Once the problem has been found, you may assign responsibility for resolving it, set priorities, and monitor the progress of the process;
- It may be combined with other applications to increase functionality;
- Jira provides freedom when it comes to configuring daily workflows using the builder.
Disadvantages of Jira.
- Implementation “from the box” may be difficult due to the complex structure and require the assistance of a know-what-to-do administrator;
- The functionality speed may occasionally slow down;
- Using problem solving as the primary work unit rather than tasks might be perplexing.
After overviewing software solutions independently, let us now compare them.
With Octonius collaboration tools, communication within a team may be made more efficient and exclude useless emails like “Have you done this yet?”. The communication feature consolidates all modes of communication into a single, easily accessible place. Collaboration using Octonius is a pleasure. And just like that it provides an internal social network (similar to Facebook) that is very useful for teams situated in different locations and able to exchange activities, knowledge base, and stories.
Jira provides several communication capabilities, ranging from messaging to file sharing. All of these tools are equally effective in issue solving. Unfortunately, with a complicated system, adaptability is difficult. As a result, employee training will take some time.
On the one hand, Octonius has a straightforward and user-friendly interface, and learning all of the functionalities will not take long.
Jira, on the other hand, is simple to set up; nevertheless, individuals unfamiliar with project management software may struggle with Jira’s structure and require help of knowledgable admin.
Conclusions for Octonius vs. Jira
Jira and Octonius are both state-of-art software applications. Octonius’ digital workspace, job management tools, and cross-cloud file sharing are ideal for team needs. You can always add and integrate missing extensions to enhance the functionality or budgeting, or sales data base.
Jira, on the other hand, also integrates with the previously described additional programs, making it effective for deep software development and implementation. Unfortunately, some users are critical of Jira since it may cause delays.
Consider all of the factors before deciding on the suitable tool for your business requirements.